Saturday, November 27, 2010

Step and Repeat

So today was the second half of my screen printing course at the Harvest Workroom and i'm addicted!


This is a photo of the front half of the Harvest Workroom as promised, and it just doesn't do it justice! I do love the lights though, such a fantastic and loose look!

I stared the day by layering some crimson red pomegranates ontop of last weeks prints



Then we learnt how to design repeat patterns which I am still super stoked about



My wrist is still recovering from cutting this crazy pattern out



Stencil cutting was followed by the step and repeat printing technique, and It worked! Yaaayyy



I look forward to getting my own screen and of course signing up for the advanced class, where you learn 3 colour repeats, bring it!

Xx

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I've never seen it really done by hand like that. I'm just used to companies like Las Vegas Printing that do everything with computers. It is awesome to see people take the time and effort (lots of effort) to make these beautiful decorations by hand.

    ReplyDelete